6.06.2011

Laundry Day!

I've said it before, but the one perk of my job right now is my schedule. I have mondays off, so instead of hating them like the rest of the world, I embrace them. Feel free to hate me later!

I schedule my long runs for Mondays. It's fantabulous and fantastical! But that involves waking up early and getting out of bed. But considering I have to wake up early every other day of the week, sometimes sleeping in occurs. And then the weather dictates that the long run won't happen. So instead, I did a short run. 2 glorious miles. These miles were the best I've had in a long time. I rocked it! Today I earned:


But I was feeling the heat at the end. I wish I was faster so that two miles would be done much faster. Note to self earn more money to buy fancy technical running clothes.

Note to self: just because the shirt is funny and awesome doesn't mean it's good for running. (and also, yell at roommates for being messy)

On Mondays I do keep busy. Like doing massive amounts of laundry. Who knew that one dog and one girl could make this much laundry? Maybe it has something to do with me being lazy and never wanting to actually do laundry?? No? Thanks for agreeing. It must multiple in the laundry basket. Shame on you... dirty laundry doing dirty things. tsk tsk.

Doing all this laundry makes me feel like I'm stuck in jail!

Luckily it's super hot out, so I don't feel like a loser being inside all day doing laundry. But then again, the sun is out...

Seriously, I'm IN jail right now. Let me out into the sun!!
I'm also baking a lot. I've been craving sweets so much lately and I'm trying to do some healthy replacements. So I just eat twice as much. But my kiwi tart has greek yogurt and no white sugar, so it's even better than a salad. Seriously. I know these things. Plus it's easy as pie.... errr tart. Easy as tart!






Kiwi Tart

Crust:

8 ounces ginger snaps cookies (1-1/2 cups of crumbs)
6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey

Filling:
2 1/2 cups low fat Greek yogurt (or any low fat yogurt if you wish)
1 box (4 serving size) fat free, sugar free pudding mix (vanilla, lemon, whatever flavor you want. I used cheesecake)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Topping:
4-5 kiwis, peeled and sliced
3-4 tablespoons lemon curd

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Add the butter and sugar, and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool.
  • As the crust is cooling. Stir together all filling ingredients until well blended. Pour filling into cooled crust and top with kiwis.
  • Microwave curd for 5-10 seconds in a bowl. Brush on top of kiwis.
  • Refrigerate about 1 hour until set.



This is a good recipe for any basic fruit tart. Berries are great on this with lemon pudding filling.

Since you're all jealous that you're at work and not eat the tart. I'll leave with one final picture... homemade olive tapenade. I rock out on my days off.

Salty goodnes!



What are your favorite healthy deserts?
I love fruit based deserts... tarts, crumbles, cobblers. I love to take the old recipes and redesign them to make them healthier.

What do you typically do on your days off?
I do so many chores to clean up behind the messy people I live with. Other than that, Guinness and I lay around stuffing our faces with indulgent foods that I never share.

3 comments:

  1. Kiwi tart looks amazing! I like to rework recipes to make them healthier too. So I can eat more of it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog via Hungry Runner Girl and I love it!

    Healthy and dessert don't go together in my vocab, haha...but I do love fruit so I guess that counts? And on a related note, I like to bake on my days off. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shampoo tip! I use the Aveda Rosemary Mint daily so I will for sure be trying there version of a chlorine remover... that tart looks AWESOME.... you are good =)

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...