6.30.2011

More bacon than the pan can handle.

I realized I haven't done much on the culinary side on this lovely blog. I just don't think about it. I cook dinner almost every night, but I don't take pictures, because I'm starving when I finish cooking. I have a "get in my belly moment" as soon as it's all done!


So tonight I'm sharing a new one: Bacon Wrapped Chicken!

I borrowed the basic recipe idea from somewhere, but I can't remember. I'm guessing Martha Stewart, because she gives me all the best ideas. So without delay:

Totally started eating, then realized I should take a pic!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken

4 chicken breasts, cut into long tenders (about 3 strips per breast)
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
24 sage leaves (or 2 per strip)
12 pieces of bacon (or enough for amount of strips)

1. Mix rosemary with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle on chicken strips. (Go easy on the salt, bacon is nice and salty already)
2. Place a sage leaf on each side of tender and wrap a piece of bacon around the tender.
3. Place half of tenders in a preheated pan.
4. Cook until bacon is browned, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until fully cooked, about 6 more minutes.
5. Place first batch in a warm oven while others cook through.

A plateful of delicious if you ask me!
I served these with a saffron linguini that I mixed with some Kalamata olive oil and parsley. I also changed countries and made a simple onion-avocado "slaw/salad" which was the two chopped up and I made a quick dressing of lime juice, cilantro, pepper, and olive oil. It was a delicious and filling meal.

CULINARY TIP ALERT: If your limes (or lemons) aren't juicy enough, stick them in the microwave for a couple of seconds. Works wonders!
But not too filling. I still had room for raspberries, with some chocolate sauce and a few scoops of coconut water sorbet, raspberry flavored.


Time for bed to get up and run before the triple digit heat kicks in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...